Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011 A Brand New Year one of the "small things"

Happy New Year!!!! A brand new year how exciting. Earlier today I was thinking about the phrase "Brand New" and how thrilling it is to get something new!

such as a Brand New house - I have been fortunate to have had a few of these, and from day one the number one priority is to keep it looking brand new forever, it takes a daily effort to try and obtain this, along with being careful about the way we "use it, live in it, etc.

or a Brand New car - There again I've had my share of em. Not to many as I have a tendency to drive them for along time, because they are taken care of properly, they have been dependable, gently used and last a long time. When I went to trade my mini van in the dealership couldn't believe I had hauled three children, and later grand children for 11 years in every seat of that van, 135 thousand miles old, there was nary a blemish in the interior, and everything was in perfect working order. All because care was given from day 1 to protect and maintain this investment that I waited so long for.

most of all a Brand New baby - There have been 3 of those for me, and now 3 grand children as well. Special care on a minute by minute basis, has helped these beautiful brand new babies, turn into responsible, dependable, caring, loving adults and in two instances parents as well. Even though they are grown they will always be my brand new babies, just in bigger adult size, that now live in their own houses. I love them so, and it is as much fun to "play" with my adult size babies, as it was when they were little. Sometimes even more so. Making memories that will last forever.

To drive this point home - 2011 is my NEW Brand New baby - To be nurtured, appreciated, cherished, creating many memories and experiences that will last a lifetime. It is my goal to be attentive to this Brand New Year use it wisely, become wiser because of it and most of all thankful that I have the opportunity to enjoy this New Baby to its fullest. It is my intent to chart this through this blog and instead of writing in my head, put it here, so that I can remember the small things that make up the memories of this year.

To begin with it is wonderful to be able to wake up when we want to in our house without the time restraints of an alarm clock, I honestly DO NOT remember how to set my alarm clock! When I see my friends write on their blogs or post on their FB walls stuff about not having to set the alarm clock and being able to sleep in, I am very appreciative of the fact that I don't have to do that!!!! One of the special small things I'm thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment